[78-L] Album Images Needed (2.1) Decca w. titles

Glenn Longwell glongwell at snet.net
Thu Mar 11 20:34:18 PST 2010

I can supply 118.
Glenn

--- On Thu, 3/11/10, Michael Biel <mbiel at mbiel.com> wrote:

From: Michael Biel <mbiel at mbiel.com>
Subject: [78-L] Album Images Needed (2.1) Decca w. titles
To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
Date: Thursday, March 11, 2010, 8:28 PM

Jack Kapp at American Decca was the first to establish a major series of
albums of varied genres, mostly popular, in late 1937.  By the time
Steinweiss illustrated his first cover in 1940 for Columbia, Decca had
already issued over 100 albums, many illustrated with cover photos, and
all others with colorful papers and are-deco lettering.  I have or have
images of 3/4s of the first 126 albums but would like to show all of
them if I can.  The following is a list of the album images I need,
already shortened by those I received since last night.

Thank for your help.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

1 Moussorgsky Songs  Vladimir Rosing
2 Beethoven Sonatas Vol 1 Goldberg, Krauss
3 Beethoven Sonatas Vol 2 Goldberg. Krauss
9 Songs of Famous Russian Comp.  Rosing
16 Ten Famous Rumbas Vol 1  Henry King
18 Ye Old Time Dance Night  Byron Wolfe O
28  Spanish & Mexican Folk Dances  M Acuna
35 D Durbin Souvenir Album No. 1
42 Gypsy Memories   N Malthey
44 Trad Irish Come-Al-Ye's  P.Harrington
49 Songs of Old Calif Frank Luther&Zora Layman
50 Patriotic Songs for Children  Bing, F. Luther
51 Wedding Songs & Marches  Frank Parker
55 Music for Tap Dancing   Russ Morgan
64 Gospel Hymns  Homer Rodeheaver
68 Armenian Folks Songs & Dances
73 Victor Herbert Melodies  H Horlick
76 Judy Garland Souvenir Album
79 Tangos Vol 2  N. Rodrigo
84 Insect Pictures in Music (for children) Sodero
85 Animal Pic In Mus (4 children) C.Sodero
88 Balalaika Music  Zarkevich Rus Bal O
94 Christmas In Song Vol 1  Luther & Layman
95 Christmas In Song Vol 2  Luther & Layman
99 Ten Favorite Gavottes  Oxford Ens.
101 Ten Favorite Airs From Opera  H Horlick
102 Harmonica Recital  C Newman
104 Traditional Hebrew Melodies  I. Schlein
108 Irish Ballads sung by Phil Regan
110 Song Hits from Pinocchio
111 Easter Songs Sung by John Seagle
118 A Prog of Standard Guitar Selections  Oyanguran
119 Pipes of Pan   G. Stefanescu
124 Neopolitan Nights