[78-L] Leonard Feather's Inside Jazz

Geoffrey Wheeler dialjazz at verizon.net
Wed Mar 10 20:48:02 PST 2010

Bill McClung asks: “Anybody have a copy of this with "Inside Bebop" as
the title on the cover?”

Yes. I bought it soon after it came out. You would know that you have
the original if the cover you have is in tough shape. The book couldn’t
really take handling well. Even with careful handling by this one
owner, it still looks used. And yes, it says “Inside Bebop” on the
cover. I haven’t looked at it in decades. It was republished as “Inside
Jazz,” perhaps because somebody thought “Be-Bop” had become passe.