[78-L] Stylus size

Erwin Kluwer ekluwer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 21:20:29 PST 2010

Indeed Pathe grooves are so shallow that only a smaller stylus with some
sufficient tracking weight (4-6 gr) will track.  The idea that you need such
a big stylus seems to be inspired from the (huge) original Pathe ball
stylus.....forgetting that the old reproducer used about 150 gram tracking
force or more... Big sized styli fly around everywere when modern
lightweight armes and tracking force are used.

Erwin