[78-L] Capitol Compact 33s

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Mar 9 19:45:23 PST 2010

Incidentally, Mars was pressed in Canada by Quality so it probably had the
potential for better distribution up here. Those Columbia pressings in the
States were no great hell either. All the Mars recordings were reissued on LP
by Discovery in the 80s. I don't know if they've reappeared on CD but I
wouldn't be surprised.

MGM paired Woody with Billy Eckstine, David Rose (David Rose!? Yeah, David
Rose), probably other artists on their roster.

dl