[78-L] It's back and it makes threats!

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Mar 7 11:12:39 PST 2010

Robert M. Bratcher Jr. wrote:
> At 11:43 PM 3/6/2010, you wrote:
>
>> I wonder how much more Royal Blue versions of Columbias go for versus black
>> items....a few years ago Kurt Nauck had the 1934 Beecham recording of
>> Mozart's 'Jupiter' symphony on a BW set, and IIRC it was E or E-, and I'd
>> have loved to have it but had no idea what sort of a bid might have scored
>> it.
>>

> I would have bid $100 on it myself since I don't have any Royal Blue
> classical sets in my collection.....

I have a bunch of album-less classical Royal Blue examples, but as I
started in on my ARSC presentation I realized I had no album examples to
photograph, and that Leah would probably have to hit up on Dennis Rooney
to loan an example.  Then when in my warehouse two weeks ago (for the
first real time since my heart incident two years ago) I found that I
DID have one that was down at the end of the bottom shelf
unalphabetized!!  146, Spanish Album.  Don't remember where I got it,
perhaps when I got my acoustical Columbia and Victor sets.

Mike  Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com