[78-L] It's in the book, etc.

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 06:40:59 PST 2010

Or worse....sometimes a safety tape would likely sound better than a wiped
out original.  Check out 'A taste of honey' or 'Tijuana taxi' on the 2001
Herb Alpert compilation DEFINITIVE HITS.  Doug Sax and Robert Hadley did the
mastering at The Mastering Lab, but the tapes were utter garbage.  You can
clearly hear where the oxide has crumbled off the backing (probably Scotch
201 tape) and channel balance, image stability and tonal balance vary
considerably.