[78-L] 1st Family (was: It's BAAAACK!)

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Mar 6 13:13:54 PST 2010

Bertrand CHAUMELLE wrote:
> eBey says >Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been
> blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries.
Was it the record (just a worn copy Tschaik 6th on Columbia) or his
guide to losing 35 pounds in a week?  THAT woud kill you!

> I was just wondering, Mike, why do you collect multiple copies of 'The
> First Family' (LP)?

For many years I have been planning to write the story of the 1962 Xmas
season when this and My Son the Folk Singer sold millions in a few
weeks.  Cadence had to use 10 pressing plants in the U.S. and I have
copies from at least 8.  I want to include full descriptive data.  I
already  have the complete inside story of the planning, pressing , and
distribution of both of the albums, and the story of the sequels.
Something always comes up when I plan to write it, but 2012 is the 50th
anniv so this WILL be IT.  I will also do a follow up on the 63 Xmas
season which was overtaken by the JFK assassination and several tribute
LPs sold even faster than the First Family/My Son had the year before.
I have several shelf feet of JFK LPs and a proper discography has never
been done.

> And, thanks for you previous 'calm and logical' replies. I think that,
> now, I may have a better understanding of what makes you tick$  BC

Good.  Now tell me!  (only kidding)

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com