[78-L] Non-racist songs for Caucasians (was: KKK records)

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed Mar 3 08:14:19 PST 2010

 From Julian Vein:

From: "Geoffrey Wheeler" <dialjazz at verizon.net>
”Banjo Bud wrote:
 > "It Takes A Long, Tall, Brown Skin Gal To Make A Preacher
 > Lay His Bible Down." Bud

I think that Julian was discussing records that assume the singer is
white as if --"Of course the singer is White!".  We know there are many
songs that discuss non-Caucasions, and some of them have been subjects
of discussion on this list like "(What Did I Do To Be So) Black and
Blue", "Shine", and a lot of oriental based songs.  They don't need to
be discussed again here.   I think his observation about White based
songs is fascinating -- I don't think we've discussed it before.  Care
to nominate others that are "normal" non-racist songs?

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com