[78-L] 78-L Digest, Vol 17, Issue 83

Jim Whipkey suuford at msn.com
Sun Feb 28 11:52:08 PST 2010

  >  > There was a radio programme on this subject not too long ago, where it
  >  > was stated that the most enthusiastic purchasers of KKK records were
  >  > black academics.
  >  >
  >  > Julian Vein
  >  >

  > Why would they want them?

  It's always a good idea to know your enemy.

        Julian Vein

  Exactly, Julian, and others who have responded with  logical, sensible  replies.  When I was in Georgia in the mid 60s,  the Lieutenant Governor, a proclaimed segregationist,  got all sorts of  flak  for  meeting with Martin Luther King. His reply was  "keep your friends close, your enemies closer".  I have  many printed and recorded items   which have content  I don't agree with.  Always  struck  me that anyone who dismisses and criticizes  such collectors have more problems than can be addressed.
  Jim Whipkey