[78-L] Vince in Advance

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Feb 25 15:00:29 PST 2010

I was late forwarding Vince Giordano's January-February lineup..here's March &
April (and the rest of the year)!  Sorry the pretty pictures can't be included
(maybe they're online). dl

-------------

We're playing at Sofia's Restaurant through the New Year!!!
In case you haven't seen the latest video's and blogs,
follow the links below...
Review by George Whipple from Whipple's World on NY1:
http://www.ny1.com/5-manhattan-news-content/ny1_living/whipples_world/111576/the-jazz-age-lives-on-every-monday-in-midtown

Corey Kilgannon of The New York Times writes...
Bringing Big Band Jazz Back to the Theater District
New York Times - New York,NY,USA
There, the clock is turned back to the Jazz Age, courtesy of Vince Giordano and
the Nighthawks, a time machine powered by 11 rhythmically inclined men in ...
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/28/nyregion/28metjournal.html?_r=1

Here's our latest blog (with video's posted on YouTube) from Michael Steinman!
THOSE VERSATILE NIGHTHAWKS!
http://jazzlives.wordpress.com/2009/12/14/those-versatile-nighthawks/

Mondays through 2010:

8:00pm - 11:00pm
Vince Giordano & his Nighthawks
Eleven-piece band playing music of the 1920s & '30s
for your dining and dancing pleasure -
Sofia's Restaurant
Club Cache (downstairs) at the Edison Hotel
221 W. 46th Street (b/t Broadway & 8th Avenue)
New York, NY
Cover Charge: $15. cash + $15. food/drink minimum
Reservations call: 212.719.5799 - doors open at 7:00pm

Sunday, March 7th

  41stAnnual
New Jersey Jazz Society
Pee Wee Russell Memorial Stomp

  Vince Giordano & his Nighthawks
Eleven-piece band playing music of the 1920s & '30s
  Also Featuring
Mark Shane Trio with Terry Blaine  *  Jon-Erik Kellso's EarRegulars Plus
Kevin Dorn's Traditional Jazz Collective  *  NJJS Jazz Scholarship Winners
at the Birchwood Manor
111 North Jefferson Roa
Whippany, NJ
Noon to 5pm
At the door: $35 for NJJS members — $40 for non-members — Student $10
Tables of 10 receive 10% discount when paid in full
By phone: 1-800-303-NJJS (6557)
By Mail: Send your check to New Jersey Jazz Society, c/o Mike Katz, 382
Springfield Ave., Summit, NJ 07901.

There is a $3 handling fee charged except for orders paid by check with a
self-addressed stamped envelope.

Fax your credit card order: 1-908-273-9279.
To mail tickets, we must receive your order by February 28.
Otherwise, your tickets will be held at the door.
Seating will be limited, so please get your orders in early to secure your seat
for the festivities.

http://www.njjs.org/index.html

March 11-14:
Phil Pospychala presents
A Tribute to Bix Beiderbecke:
Featured Bands Include
     BIX and His Gang with Vince Giordano & Andy Schumm
     Vince Giordano & His Midwest Nighthawks
     Jamaica & Her Midnight Kentucky Stompers
     New Century Dance Orchestra

Marriott Conference Center
7111 Washington Avenue (Hwy 20), Racine, Wisconsin 53406
http://www.bixfest.com
BIX phone hotline: (847) 996-0246
email: bixguy at hotmail.com

Saturday, April 17th

A live broadcast performance from the New Jersey Performing Arts Center in
Newark, NJ
Vince Giordano & his Nighthawks
Eleven-piece band playing music of the 1920s & '30s
from America Public Media

A Prairie Home Companion
with Garrison Keillor
See website for a radio station near you!
http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/
Tickets and more information available at www.njpac.org.

April 23rd, 24th & 25th

The 21st Annual
Atlanta Jazz Party
at the Westin Atlanta North
featuring:
Duke Heitger - Ed Polcer - Allan Vache - Ron Hockett - Tom Fischer -
Dan Barrett - Bob Havens - Johnny Varro - Rossano Sportiello - John Cocuzzi -
Eddie Erickson - Bucky Pizzarelli - Nicki Parrott - Richard Simon -
Vince Giordano - Ed Metz Jr. - Joe Ascione - Topsy Chapman
For information call: 888-733-7666 (8am - 5pm EST)
http://www.atlantajazzparty.com/

Listen to our 12/27/08 archived broadcast from Town Hall in NYC
http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/programs/2008/12/27/
A Prairie Home Companion
with Garrison Keillor
from America Public Media
Vince Giordano & his Nighthawks
Eleven-piece band playing music of the 1920s & '30s

Here's a 2008 TV review from NY1's Stephanie Simon
at Sofia's Restaurant!
NYC's 24-hour News Channel On the Web
http://www.ny1.com/content/ny1_living/91017/the-nighthawks-know-how-to-party-like-it-s-1929/Default.aspx

---------------------------------------
Here's another blog from Michael Steinman!

http://jazzlives.wordpress.com/2008/05/31/a-monday-date-vince-giordano-and-the-nighthawks

Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks on Emmy-winning State of the Arts!

State of the Arts visits Giordano at home and goes on the road with the
Nighthawks.
http://njn.net/artsculture/starts/season07-08/2605.html#watchplayer

Watch a performance by this hot jazz big band of "Shanghai Shuffle" on NJN's
YouTube Channel - and leave your rating or comment!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y20RIIWHoOA

Check my website to order CDs and up-to-the-minute details:

http://www.myspace.com/VinceGiordanotheNighthawks