[78-L] Rex Hollywood

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Thu Feb 25 12:25:22 PST 2010

There is no relation, judging from contents.

I have a single image of Rem, #30001-B by I. Jacquet, which is a similar label type.
Rex Hwd has Prof. Earl Hines in its 100 series, poss. from Miltone/DeLuxe/Gotham.
Metro 23005 also with this label type and also issued as Rex Hwd 23005 (Manone; from ARA).
Other Rex Hwd are by black Californians Teddy Edwards and Mingus.

There is a Metro Album P-1 "Sing - Palestine !" by the New York Metro Music Co, and this might have
some relation to Asch. Including P-2000-2003 by Moshe Nathanson.

Another album is Metro Album A-1 by Tatum.

Han Enderman

===
>>> I know some of the history of this label and how it had to change names several times
but is there a connection in some way to Moses Asch's Disc?  The label is very much in the same style.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120532309686

Thanks,
Glenn
<<<