[78-L] Jerry Jerome again...and again!

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Mon Feb 22 20:33:55 PST 2010

And bounced 78-L post #3...?!
========
Hey, this PERSONALLY concerns me! I'm currently about 67-1/3 years old...
this rapidly rises to meet my biblical-alloted "three score and ten," as
well as
the established life-span for we Homo Sapiens...?! I just laid out a WHOLE
bunch of moolah to acquire a large portion of the documents which made up
the archives of the late Mr. Badrock...and I HOPE to live long enough to
add to my half-vast knowledge of the "78 industry" on BOTH sides of the
Atlantic, by reading the catalogs/supplements I just "won!"

Every dommed morning I arise (after Ecru's nose-lick...!) surprised to
discover that I'm still among the living...?! My current goal is to live to
a nice even 100; this means I have to survive until/through October
22, 2042. OTOH, over the coming years I will probably be offered
MANY opportunities to purchase the 78 accumulations of countless
other collectors...?!  Sadly, many heirs of these collections will simply
hire trucks to haul "all those old records" to their nearest available
landfill site...?!

In the "XXI Jahrhundert." the main interest of the "new generation"
is..."Is it a valuable antique? If so, I'll sell it (probably on eWotsit?!)
and use the money to buy a larger and more dominant SUV!

I shudder to think of how many unique (or nearly so...?!) examples
of 78-era recorded music will be tossed heartlessly into dump-
bound dumpsters...?! Our next project SHOULD be setting up
a facility to which 78 collections could be donated...including
identifying any tax deductions arising therefrom...?!

In fact, we could work to expand the Settlemier data archive
into an equally-comprehensive collection of the ACTUAL 78's
involved therein...?!

Steven C. Barr