[78-L] Jerry Jerome

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Feb 22 09:20:07 PST 2010

Han Enderman wrote:
> INTERNATIONAL 351-352 AL SEARS SEARSY / LONG LONG AGO
> was reissued on LP Riverboat (F)900267.
> If someone has it, is there any evidence of a play-along record (a chorus by rhythm section?).
>
> Byas' Annie Laurie etc is acc. to Bruyninckx on Classics 1073. Same question.
>
> Another artist recording for International is bassist Cedric Wallace.
> Why was this bass player a group leader? Did he hum-along a la Slam Stewart?
>
> Han Enderman
I have the Riverboat LP, and the Sears performances are
straightforward--no rhythm section "solos". I also have the Byas
Americans, and they are "normal", although I've long suspected that it's
Guarnieri who sings along with Slam on "Slam, Don't Shake Like That"!
Haven't heard "Annie Laurie".

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4887 (20100222) __________

http://www.eset.com