[78-L] 78 artists--WAS: Art van Damme

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Feb 21 20:16:53 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Biel" <mbiel at mbiel.com>>
on the 78-L list will be looking for the "last
> artist to record a 78"
> > in a couple of decades...?!
> person to have collected 78s.

That comes 20-30 years from now; by that time I will be 87 or 107 years of
age (assuming I haven't fallen over stone cold dead...?!)

I HOPE that the last surviving 78 collector will be trying to acquire my
57,000
78rpm phonorecords (UCSB has requested I will my half-vast shellac archive
to them...?!)

The very last 78rpm phonorecord was probably issued in Canada, sometime
in 1960...?! Given that Mr. Stottlemeir is currently trying to digitize the
"Abrams
Files"...and he is probably less than 40 years old (i.e. has 60 or more
years to
continue to live...?!)...the last "78 aficianado" may well expire sometime
in
2120 (if life on Earth lastsw that long...?!)

Steven C. Barr