[78-L] fwd: Art van Damme

fnarf at comcast.net fnarf at comcast.net
Sat Feb 20 20:00:30 PST 2010

The thing that I find most remarkable about accordions is how freakishly expensive good ones are. We live not far from Petosa, in Seattle, one of the top makers, and their instruments start at maybe $6,000 and go on up to $18,000 or $20,000. That's not as much as a 50s Gibson Les Paul or anything, but it's enough to buy a good car with. Obviously, you don't have to pay that much to get one, just as you don't have to play a vintage guitar, but jeez.