[78-L] OT Musical genres^

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Fri Feb 19 19:30:04 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Julian Vein" <julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk>
> Steven C. Barr wrote:

Well, the "musical device" in most pre-talkie movie houses was a piano!
A very few high-class establishments had a pipe organ (Jesse Crawford
was the official Paramount (film, NOT record label!) organist; the labels
of his first recordings proudly promoted that fact. AFAIK, NO theatres
had "house bands" to provide the musical accompaniment to their film
offerings...?!

Steven C. Barr