[78-L] fwd: Art van Damme

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Fri Feb 19 11:59:01 PST 2010

I love Magnante's work as well.   Two others we haven't mentioned:  Cornell
Smelser,  who pops up on a lot of studio dance band sessions in the late 20s
and early 30s.  And also,  the wonderful Joe Mooney,  who also was a great
singer,  pianist and organist.  Joe's records in the late 20s and early 30s
with his brother ("The Sunshine Boys") are some of the hippest vocal sides
I've ever heard...way ahead of their time.

Taylor