[78-L] Perfect [was acoustic recording]

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Thu Feb 18 12:48:50 PST 2010

The problem is if ODP is correct 9and sometimes it is not).

I would not be surprised if the last Melotones in ODP were copied from a Perfect listing,
assuming that everything was released on both labels.
I have label scans of 19 Perfect issues from Mar & Apr 1938, plus the single one from May.
For Melotone I have images of numerous Nov 37 releases, and several for each of the next
3 months, but nothing from March-May 38.
In these last months the race/country releases were more numerous than the popular issues.
Regrettably BG&R and the country dg only show "ARC" numbers, and have not identified the
sublabels with certainty.

Searching the LoC site
there is Per 8-05-01, but no Melotones after 8-02-12 (searched Melotone + 8).

Han Enderman
===
>>>Han lists Melotone 8-02-66 and Per 8-05-01, but the last Melotone was
8-05-01. This is shown on 78 Online Discographical Project. I, too,
have a copy of Perfect 8-05-01 but not the Melotone. The last Melotone
Kinkle lists is 7-10-06 and Perfect 16143. He has no listings for
Banner or Romeo. I don't recall the highest Banner or Romeo catalog
number I have.<<<