[78-L] Playing wet discs classical

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Thu Feb 18 01:47:34 PST 2010

Wagner: The Flying Dutchman
Farnon: Lake of the Woods
Chopin, Tchaikovsky etc: various Barcarolles
Ravel: Jeux d'Eau
Beethoven: Moonlight Sonata (if not necessarily by Ludwig's definition)
Beethoven: Tempest Sonata
Debussy: Jardins Sous la Pluie
Debussy: Reflets dans l'Eau
Liszt: Au Bord d'une Source

dl

I was going to include The Flying Dutchman but that ship was in the sky, not the water, at least when it was flying.  Also Das Rheingold which starts underwater.  The Farnon I'm not familiar with but surely the Moonlight Sonata is too much of a stretch.  I'm sure the moon shines on a desert occasionally, I've never been in a desert so I don't have first hand experience but Romberg describes ".....sand kissing a moonlit sky."

db