[78-L] fwd: A Chance to Finally Forgive Mom for Throwing Out That Card

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed Feb 17 22:13:39 PST 2010

David Lennick wrote:
> (A chance to forgive split infinitives as well. Not OT..Mantle made one 78. dl)

So did Joe DiMaggio, Pee Wee Reece, Babe Ruth, Lou Gerhig, etc.
> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/16/sports/baseball/16topps.html
> February 16, 2010
> A Chance to Finally Forgive Mom for Throwing Out That Card
> By RICHARD SANDOMIR
> For nearly as long as kids, mostly boys, have collected baseball cards, mothers
> have figured as the culprits in tossing out boxes or drawers full of those
> pieces of cardboard.

My mom did not throw out my cards.  I still have two large cartons of
them, including an Enrico Caruso card.  However she did throw out the
carton of my Long Player, Jazz 'n' Pops, and earliest Schwanns from
58-60.  But I now do have an almost complete set of Long Player and Jazz
'n' Pops in bound volumes (only missing first partial year), and have at
least one Schwann from every year in the early 50s and am maybe 80%
complete after 1960.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com