[78-L] Joe Meek, Bad Penny Blues and Boo Woo

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Tue Feb 16 15:22:32 PST 2010

Being a Joe Meek fan, I just got a CD called "Bad Penny Blues: Joe
Meek the early years" which is 62 tracks of his 50s engineering/
production efforts. Of course the track Bad Penny Blues by Humph is
on it. In the liner notes, it mentions that 'Meek suggested to the
band that they improvise around a bluesy standard 'Boo Woo'" the
result of which was Bad Penny Blues. While I wonder about the
veracity of Meek making a such suggestion, can anyone point me in the
direction of a version of Boo Woo so I can hear the similarities, if
any, for myself

Tony