[78-L] TMFR, was Re: [8-L posts--WAS: Washing records

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Feb 16 08:05:15 PST 2010

Robert M. Bratcher Jr. wrote:
> At 12:37 AM 2/16/2010, you wrote:
>

>> Robert M. Bratcher Jr. wrote:
>>

>>>    I haven't moved in 10 years. Why? I hate packing up then unpacking
>>> the records. Last time I moved I let the moving company handle them &
>>> the records turned out fine with no breakage.
>>>
>>> Let's see how many moving companies I call for estimates before I
>> find one that
>>> doesn't run away in terror..   dl
>>>
>> There are companies which specialize in moving libraries.  They know how
>> to keep things in order from shelf to shelf.  I suppose they could also
>> move record libraries.  Thus it is always better to have shelving up in
>> the new place.
>>
>> Mike Biel   mbiel at mbiel.com
>
> I've never thought about that......

I'm thinking about it right now. Also working on getting new shelving (which
has been offered, gratis, at the end of February) and getting access to the new
place a bit ahead of time. Mike Biel knows what a major undertaking this is
going to be..the garage will have to be emptied first, so that the basement
contents can be brought out through the garage..

Helluva record sale, anyone?