[78-L] Birdland Label

Geoffrey Wheeler dialjazz at verizon.net
Mon Feb 15 20:31:54 PST 2010

In the week of January 4 listings there were questions about the
Birdland label. Here is the complete list of issues.

Birdland 6001 Stan Getz: There’s a Small Hotel/I’ve Got You Under My
Skin (also issued as Prestige 6001)
Birdland 6002 Stan Getz Quartet with Junior Parker, vocal: Good Night
My Love/Stardust
Birdland 6003 Chicago Carl Davis with Eddie Davis and His Band: I’m
Gonna Eat You with a Spoon [The Spoon Song]/If the Motif is Right (It
Ain’t No Sin)
Birdland 6004 Eddie “Lockjaw” Davis and His Band: Little Rock/The Lock
Birdland 6005 Gene Ammons/Sonny Stitt: Blues Up and Down/You Can Depend
on Me
Birdland 6006 Gene Ammons and His Band: Bye, Bye/Let It Be