[78-L] Washing records

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Sun Feb 14 21:49:19 PST 2010

I just looked through David Hall's 1941 "Record Book" to find out what cleaning procedures he'd suggest.  I couldn't find any reference to cleaning records beyond using a record brush.  He writes more about how to handle records so that they don't get dirty in the first place, (handle them by their edges, keep them in their sleeves, etc).  Of course, when he wrote that book, you'd have a hard time finding a record which was over 40 years old, today you'd have just as hard a time finding a 78 which is under 50 years old.

db