[78-L] acoustic recording

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Feb 13 21:21:05 PST 2010

David Lennick wrote:
> The same with Cliff Edwards, no?
>
> dl
>
> jack palmer wrote:
>
>>     The answer is yes.  I have many Dalhart records recorded for Pathe that are issued on both labels.  They may have been different takes but they were the same recording sessions.   Jack

I know they were released on both labels, but what IDIOT would
PURPOSEFULLY pay 75 cents for the EXACT same record he could buy for 35
cents!!  And of course both records are in new unplayed condition so
that is not a factor as it is with us now.   I do understand getting it
in a vertical Pathe, but those were phased out by that time and I did
specifically mention Actuelle.  Alternate takes appear on the same
label, as well as on the alternate labels.  I don't know how much
non-collector purchasers of new records were concerned or even noticed
alternate takes.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com