[78-L] Washing records

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Feb 13 09:30:02 PST 2010

A million years ago, I used to clean every record as I acquired it. But in
those days it was just a moist J-cloth and tap water, and let the records air
dry..good enough for 78s from the Goodwill stores which were usually filthy. In
fact when I went on my record buying trips, I'd do the cleaning in the motel
room. Now I clean every record that I'm going to transfer (no exceptions) or
even audition, as well as every record that I buy that needs a new inner sleeve
(we're talking LPs now) and jacket repair.

dl