[78-L] Washing records

Bob Rice bobrice at snet.net
Fri Feb 12 07:12:13 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2010 9:05 AM
Subject: Re: [78-L] Washing records

> DAVID BURNHAM wrote:
>> Michael Biel wrote:
>>
>> But you have to COMPLETELY dry the records and keep them dry in order
>> for this to happen.  There are also different grades of shellac, and the
>> shellac used for Red Seal records is well known to be more resistant to
>> water and moisture damage than used in black label .

     This is why God invented Dish Racks! You older guyz, like ME remember
hand washing dishes(Gasp!) and setting them in the rack. They can be had at
Wal*Mart and other cheapo, Chinezy stuff stores everywhere. Set it in the
sun, or warm place and yur records will dry, just fine!Ya NIGHT need seveal
for a wash session? They nest nicely for storage. too.Because they hold the
records apart the label gets to dry, too.