[78-L] Washing records - ARC

78records at cdbpdx.com 78records at cdbpdx.com
Fri Feb 12 05:59:31 PST 2010

One thing I just learned.  I recently acquired an old blue shellac AMERICAN RECORD COMPANY disc with COAX ME on it.  What I learned was DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CLEAN IT WITH ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL!  Everywhere the alcohol touched left a dull rough surface.  This lovely record now has about 1 square inch of damaged surface.  Should have done a test patch on the blank backside first.  Rats!  CDB