[78-L] Did vocals help sell records? [was Can Anyone Identify

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Wed Feb 10 22:42:49 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr." <citroenid19 at sbcglobal.net>
> David Lennick wrote:
>> Michael Biel wrote:
>>> Correction --  Geoffrey didn't put the attribution in his posting, and
>>> it turns out that it is Mark B who likes pictures in books -- and thus
>>> wouldn't like Geoffrey's books!) and Geoffrey only admitted to liking
>>> picture menus.  And French wine.  (Freedom wine??)
>> Goes great with Victory Cabbage.
>>
> Just for the record, I am on my second Citroen. My first was an ID and I
> just imported a GSA, one of the very few in the U.S. My other car is
> Swedish (ready for lutefisk jokes).

What I always wanted was a Mercury pick-up truck! These were a
Canada-only version of Fords, intended for sale by Lincoln-Mercury
dealers up here. We also had Monarchs (Mercury versions sold by
Ford dealers 1949-196?) and Meteors (Ford clones sold by Lincoln-
Mercury dealers 1949-c.1980)...as well as a Falcon clone known as
a Frontenac...and a generation of Canadian Pontiacs that were Chevys
from the windshield back. Finally, there were Canadian Dodge models
which were Plymouths for their rear halves!

Besides which, we had Acadians (Pontiac Chevy II's) and Beaumonts
Pontiac Chevelles...!

...steven C. Barr