[78-L] Record Stores

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed Feb 10 21:40:07 PST 2010

David Lennick wrote:
> Michael Biel wrote:
>>   Note to
>> would-be researchers :  You have to use ORIGINAL SOURCES.  All the info
>> IS there,  you just have to LOOK for it.  In a LIBRARY.  Ever hear of one?
>>
>> Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com
>>

> I was in one this afternoon, but only to see what was on the $1 sale table. I
> haven't entered the reference section of a library in ten years..all their
> "good stuff" ends up on that table because nobody else looks at it.
>
> dl

Public libraries are usually useless, except for those disposal sales.
I will be spending some time in my university's library for some
periodicals I know they haven't thrown out yet  -- I've already bought
most of the useful books they used to have -- and journal internet
access.   But most of the libraries I mean are the major research
libraries like NYPL, LC, and research universities if they haven't been
taken over by the jackals (like one that both of us know about.)  I also
mean the libraries of certain collectors.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com