[78-L] Did^ vocals help sell records? [was Can Anyone Identify

Ken "Silver Showcase" kenreg at tds.net
Wed Feb 10 20:29:17 PST 2010

>> Or was it Liberty College?  Liberty Cabbage seems to be the main output
>> of Liberty College.
>>
>> Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com
>>

> Interestingly enough, both are listed as alternative names for sauerkraut
> during WWI, with more links for Liberty. As for what they're teaching at
> Liberty College, things just ain't the same as when we was kids..
>
> dl

Victory cabbage is what my mom, (born in 1907) told me they ate during
WWI, and the cabbage was often grown in their own victory garden.

And, to keep this on topic, after they worked in their victory gardens
and ate their victory cabbage I'm SURE that they all listened to victory
music on 78s.

-- Ken