[78-L] Did vocals help sell records? [was Can Anyone Identify this Singer]

Jeff Sultanof jeffsultanof at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 11:11:37 PST 2010

Julian,

I believe that those vocals most definitely helped to sell records. One of
my students (elementary school age) commented to me a week ago when I played
part of a symphony by Beethoven, "Where is the singing part?" I explained
that not all music had singers. She was most disappointed in that answer.

Jeff Sultanof