[78-L] Velvet Tone [was GASTON ST JACQUES recordings]

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Wed Feb 10 08:27:00 PST 2010

I don't know why only the first part of my message is shown on the 78-L forum
(maybe it is received as the complete email text but subsequently truncated?).

Herewith I send only the 2nd, MISSING part of the message:

xFrom Velvet Tone 7028 on the artists are mentioned on the label and maybe this accounts for
this issue being the starting point in ODP.
Next issues include country artists (Dalhart, Jack Turner, Autrey), but also Boyd Senter,
Lena Wilson, Duke Ellington, Hokum Trio, and Hotel Pennsylvania Music.

What was the intention of this 7000 series?
Maybe it was the very first VT series (cheap reissues) and soon joined by the VT 1000 series?

Han Enderman
===