[78-L] Glantz and Raderman brewing up a storm

David Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 10 08:01:40 PST 2010

http://www.archive.org/details/NathanGlantzOrchestra-AfterTheStorm

Just posted one fairly noisy side of Emerson 10743, which I have on an old tape, to the Internet Archive. I like this record because in the middle of this mawkish, rather foursquare dance tune they break into a rip-roaring chorus based on the "storm" from Rossini's William Tell Overture. Another section of the same storm was used to open Ted Lewis Popular Favorites, Columbia S-1. This was recorded a few months later, and I wonder if there is a connection -- perhaps Harry Raderman is present on the Glantz side and was the source of both ideas.

There's a fair amount of Glantz on the Internet Archive. Although grimriper2u's constant "78 RPM record GRINDING noises have been reduced" tag gets on my nerves, he has posted a really good Glantz side, "Yiddische Charleston>"

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=Nathan%20Glantz%20AND%20mediatype%3Aaudio

My apologies to all who are not interested in such matters/things.

Uncle Dave Lewis
uncledavelewis at hotmail.com