[78-L] Fwd: fwd: FW: Sinatra Song Often Strikes Deadly Chord ^

David Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 10 03:27:14 PST 2010

The Emboldened Mr. Lennick wrote:

Note that I did indeed say in a subsequent letter that as sung by Brel, it's a
great song. Another popular adaptation of a French song (there were a LOT of
them in the 60s) was Becaud's "Seul Sur Son Etoile", which became Vikki Carr's
frantic "It Must Be Him", another one I could cheerfully never hear again.

Someone gave me, on tape, a version of "It Must Be Him" recorded
in the 1960s in Eastern Europe. I don't recall the language it was in but the awkward English translation of the title from that
language worked out to "I Am Waiting for the Phone Call."

Uncle Dave Lewis
uncledavelewis at hotmail.com