[78-L] fwd: FW: Sinatra Song Often Strikes Deadly Chord ^

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com
Wed Feb 10 01:43:32 PST 2010

Steven C. Barr wrote:

> In Europe, the usual condiment for "french fries" is MAYONNAISE! Back
> in 1972, when my second (ex-)wife was doing the "Europe on $5 a week"
> with me...travelling by thumb...she developed a taste for french fries
> with
> mayonnaise...thereafter she used to confuse North American waitrons by
> asking for them...!
---
That may apply to parts of Europe in 1972. But Europe is about 40 different
countries and, as far as I've seen, the usual condiment is ketchup, unless
you go to Britain where you may get vinegar, petrol or lye. But I usually
avoid fast food, so I'd be interested to hear more recent reports from, say,
Moldavia, Cyprus or Andorra.
Kristjan