[78-L] Victrola V V-80

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Feb 9 14:12:53 PST 2010

Have you ever gotten your speed governor problem fixed?  I have repair
instructions I could scan and send to you, but I am still hoping to find
it somewhere its on the web.  Also, I knew you had a No 2 reproducer
simply because the model number was not in roman numerals.  I do think
you probably need new red rubber gaskets, and new needles, of course.
There are places you can get both.

Rusty needles are not good to use if there is rust at or near the
point.  Any old needles should be checked to see if they have been
used.  You can tell that by twirlling the needle in your fingers under a
light. If you see reflections glint and change as you twirl it, the
needle has been used and the glinting is coming off a flat edge that
will slice your grooves.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com