[78-L] Removing hiss - yet another idea

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Tue Feb 9 11:32:55 PST 2010

John Wright wrote:

The idea I described uses the sound off TWO different 78s where the
noise is going to be different all the way through because it's
different shellac. If a program can extract sound common on both 78s
(mainly the music) then that should be a good noise reduction.

You might want to look at a posting I sent yesterday, (Feb 8), under the subject, "Removing hiss, a new approach", where I discuss this very procedure.  It's a little technical but I don't think it goes as far as "gobbledygook", however it didn't inspire any discussion.

db