[78-L] Golden & Golden and who knows what else^

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Mon Feb 8 16:50:37 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Biel" <mbiel at mbiel.com>
> bruce78rpm at comcast.net writes:
>>> That in itself does not make him a bad person . . .
> L78rpm at aol.com wrote:
>
>> An Asperger diagnosis does not, in any way, imply a moral judgement.
> I am at a loss to understand why Bruce brought up the idea that anybody
> would think Jason is a bad person.  Jason mentioned his condition, and I
> repeated it, as a reason why a someone so young can be so focused and
> interested about music and performers.  I didn't think his condition was
> a negative, he and I both considered it as a positive.  He didn't need
> defending on that score.  But as a source of information, as a 15-year
> old, he does not yet have the experience to be a reliable source of
> factual information about the 1890s.  But with his drive--and possibly
> the help of experienced researchers-- he eventually will get the
> experience and knowledge he will need to be reliable.
> Mike (former 15-year old) Biel   mbiel at mbiel.com

Most of the "knowledge" he needs is available in published form, either
in various books (some, sadly, out of print) or on web sites...! What he
WILL need is, sadly, a fair amount of money...first, to purchase the
many discographic works he will have to access regularly...and, second,
to purchase the 78's he will desire (he could, of course, obtain these in
sound-file form...IF he were satisfied therewith...?!)!

Note that I probably suffer from Asperger's (it hadn't yet been identified
when I was born in 1942...?!)...if nothing else, it makes me obsessive-
compulsive about acquiring 78's! (about 57,000 so far...and ALWAYS
open to acquiring MORE, if/when they are cheap enough...?!).

I am also ALWAYS open to expanding my "half-vast" discographic
archives; I bought some $5,500 worth of books and other documentation
from the recent "Badrock estate sale"...?!

My two current goals are (1) acquire more 78's I don't yet own...and
(2) acquire more 78-related documentation...~

Steven C. Barr