[78-L] Removal of hiss - a different approach

neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 09:25:40 PST 2010

I never thought of using other liquids. That would make an interesting
experiment if you could find enough mint copies of the same record. I
recall some time ago in a resale shop on lower Wesrheimer seeing a stack
of records, 78s, all of the same item. It had been produced by someone
in Houston I believe, wish I had bought a 1/2 dozen or so now. Next time
I was in the area either the shop or the records were all gone. Probably
land fill now.

A long time ago I once tried using a spray, silicone IIRC, as a NR
experiement, didn't hear any improvement.

I've also heard from OTR collectors who wet play vinyl pressed ETs and
claimed it reduced noise, but I never heard it.

joe salerno