[78-L] Victrola vv-80

Jim Whipkey suuford at msn.com
Sun Feb 7 20:59:59 PST 2010

Ron, thanks.  the serial number is 102919.  The  water damage to the  console was below the  turntable and  the tone arm, other metal on the top, shined  up like new.  As luck would have it, I have an unused can of wood stain which is a near-perfect match for the original color and  after peeling the  cracked veneer, the wood underneath is a close-enough for me match to the color.  My major problem, if I want to call it such is where to put  it when I'm done making it pretty.  Thanks again.
Jim Whipkey

  Subject: Re: [78-L] Victrola vv-80

  If you supply the serial number from the ID plate, I can narrow it down for
  you, probably.  They were sold 1921-1925.

  Ron L