[78-L] fwd: Johnny Dankworth dies

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Feb 7 18:35:52 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kristjan Saag" <saag at telia.com>
> Unbelievable.
> In one year's time: Vic Davis, Jeff Clyne, Johnny Almond, Pete King,
> Blossom
> Dearie, Ian Carr, Hugh Hopper, Johnny Dankworth...
> Kristjan

Actually, NOT so unbelievable...almost ALL of the above were in their
eighties
or late seventies...which is around the normal life span of Homo
Sapiens...?!

We often forget that WE are aging...and so are the folks we remember from
our "younger days"...?!

In fifty years or so, to-day's "rappers" will start dropping off due to old
age
(much to their suprise...and ignoring the large contingent who will be shot
or knifed...?!)

The harsh reality is that "old age" is the one NON-curable malady which
we CANNOT avoid...?!

Steven C. Barr