[78-L] Fwd: A Texan responds

Bill McClung bmcclung78 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 15:36:21 PST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bill McClung <bmcclung78 at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 4:37 PM
Subject: A Texan responds
To: 78-L Mail List <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>

As a Texan born and (Wonder) bread I feel I must enlighten y'all about a few
things Texan.

If you ever have the thrill of being in my home town of Weatherford, Texas
please take a moment to stand in awe at the Mary Martin statue near the
public library.  The statue was the gift of Peter Pan Peanut Butter and
shows Mary in her finest Peter Pan Peanut Butter garb.  Mary was born and
also bread in Weatherford.

The "First Family" cd did indeed come from the old Texas School Book
Depository which now houses the Sixth Floor Museum which tries very hard to
celebrate the life of John Kennedy while also reminding us of what happened
just down the slope.  The first time I ever saw my mother cry in public was
when she picked me up from school that November day.

And Julien, you and everyone else have obviously been reading "The Texas
School Book Depository" incorrectly.  It actually is The Texas School
Book///Depository.   There's only one depository because we have only the
one book.