[78-L] Al Jazzbo Collins Brunswick Record Sleeve

Geoffrey Wheeler dialjazz at verizon.net
Thu Feb 4 07:58:18 PST 2010

These recordings for Hip Kids are great fun! When the stories first
appeared in Down Beat, they caused a great sensation among my friends
in high school. I had shared my copies of Down Beat with them. Some
even bought the records, although I didn’t at the time. Later, I
acquired the Jazzbo Collins with sleeve, and in 2007 while in
Stratford, Canada acquired Brunswick 80231 with Steve Allen narrating
“Jack and the Beanstalk” and “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.” I would
say CDB was lucky to find an intact sleeve for the Jazzbo. Brunswick
touted Brunlite as being “unbreakable Under Normal Use,” but then isn’t
every 78?