[78-L] Nathan Glantz Birthdate

fnarf at comcast.net fnarf at comcast.net
Tue Feb 2 12:46:04 PST 2010

Don't pull the slider down! This is a book with a gazillion pages; even a slight movement of the slider is going to move you many pages. You want to page down one at a time. Use the Page Down key, or the page forward/page back arrows in the Google Books window. They are located on the little bar below the title and author listing. The Nathan Glantz article is on page 39 in the December 1922 issue. You can adjust the page size for readability there too, with the little magnifying glasses with the + and - symbols in them.

I have no idea what page the map of the USA is on, but it's not near the Glantz article, so you are moving too far forward or back in the book.

Note that the pagination of this book is messed up, as it's not really a book but a collection of magazine issues, so "page 39" repeats with each issue, and the Google Book of this compilation does not maintain a running count of total pages, but starts over with each issue. December 1922 is the third issue in this book; it starts with October.

The full-page photo of Glantz is on page 22 above the article.

This book is available in its entirety to me; perhaps there is a national restriction on it. If you click on the Overview link (upper left), do you see a link "Download: PDF"? This lets me download the entire thing to my computer, no restrictions. If you don't see it, perhaps it's restricted in the Netherlands. Or you could try clicking on the big blue "Read This Book" button and paging down to the third "page 39".