[78-L] Raie da Costa

John Rogers johnhrogers at optusnet.com.au
Sat Jan 30 22:37:26 PST 2010

Miss da Costa's solo recordings are listed in Ross Laird's Tantalising
Tingles.  An excerpt can be obtained online from Google books.

I recall reading an article in Gramophone Magazine that was written after
her untimely death after a tonsils(?) operation.  I suggest you browse the
Gramophone archive for the latter half of 1934.  The author of the article
had been critical of da Costa for recording non-classical music and clearly
was distressed by her death shortly after the criticism.

She made one vocal recording that it listed in Rust & Forbes' British Dance
Band discography.

Regards

John Rogers