[78-L] Eislers and Brecht

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 30 19:37:29 PST 2010

This thread started with my comments after seeing the film "I Was a Communist
for the FBI" the other night. Gerhard Eisler is referred to as being out on
bail and is seen at a big Commie get-together. I wonder how many other real
personages are portrayed, aside from Matt Cvetic? The climatic scene occurs at
a HUAC hearing in Washington. Reference is made to the Korean War, but Eisler
jumped bail and sailed away in May 1949, per WackyPackia.

dl