[78-L] CD-Rs in US

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 30 15:26:54 PST 2010

DAVID BURNHAM wrote:
> Just in passing..last week I bought a spindle of 100 Verbatim CD-Rs in Buffalo
> for $14.99 (sale price). Yesterday I was in Staples in Toronto and saw the same
> CDs .. for $75.
>
> I mean I know there's a tariff on blank media which is supposed to (but
> doesn't) go to support performers, but sheesh!!
>
> dl

> That's a great deal!  In all of the "big-box" stores in Canada CD-Rs are hard to find at any price and if you do, they are in the 65 to 80 dollar price range.
>
> db

Actually I rarely look for them in big box stores. Better luck in out of the
way Chinese electronics stores, like the one on Spadina north of College where
I also bought my DiscClone duplicator for $50 a few years ago. I get the paper
sleeves from these places or the Pickering Flea Market as well..$2/100.