[78-L] Essex label-Peter Lind Hayes and Mary Healy

Jim Whipkey suuford at msn.com
Sat Jan 30 10:39:27 PST 2010

.Just  came across and played  a  grand old trip down memory lane (for me anyway) of an Essex record with Peter Lind Hayes and May Healy.  It's Crazy Mixed up Song, and Lonesome Lover.  I particularly love  Crazy Mixed up song  and every time I hear  the melody played (Isn't it Stars and Stripes Forever?) I automatically transpose to the lyrics of this song.  Don't recall ever  owning any other Essex.  Pretty sure I know how this record  got into my possession.  It is stamped with a number and  hand written on both labels 3/9/54, also in a heavy sleeve, all of which tells me I got it while working at my first radio job at KWBE Beatrice,  (yes-pronounced Bee-att-russ), Nebraska.  Who knows  anything about the Essex label and the presumed demise by now of Hayes and Healy, who, as I recall, were husband and wife.
Jim Whipkey