[78-L] Eislers and Brecht

Steve Shapiro steveshapiro1 at juno.com
Sat Jan 30 08:51:02 PST 2010

As a refugee, Hans Eisler toured in the U.S. in 1935.  This would have been concurrent with the Timely record.  I wrote about this to the list a few years ago.  Has Ron announced when he plans to recover the list's archives and make them available online?

Where I wrote:

> I think Hans wanted to leave the U.S., but they blocked him for a while. Brother Gerhardt wanted to stay, but they deported him.

I think I had the two brothers' situations reversed.

Wikipedia's reliability is a mixed bag, but it sounds like Gerhardt was one tough character.  Wikipedia does say that Hans composed a piece for Schoenberg's 70th birthday celebration./steve